Are you tired of hearing those 4 letters, GDPR?
GDPR has probably caused numerous headaches for marketers. Despite this, it is a positive thing for consumers. With these changes in compliance also come changes in how we operate and do business. We want to share with you how MarketBeam is complying with GDPR.
In case you missed it, here’s a blog post we shared not too long ago about The Buzz about GDPR and what you need to know to comply with these regulatory changes. We’ve also highlighted upcoming changes marketers should be aware of to comply with California’s version of GDPR, also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
When looking to purchase or integrate a platform that will interact with your prospects or customers, you’ll want to make sure that your service provider complies with GDPR. At MarketBeam, we make complying with GDPR simple for our customers by following 12 steps to enable a successful GDPR implementation:
Here’s a suggested checklist that you can use to assess GDPR-compliant solutions. You can ask your service provider how their system and tools meet the following requirements:
1. Awareness: Employees are aware of GDPR and its impact
3. Communicating Privacy Information: On the website and every email sent by MarketBeam, and on our app
4. Individual’s Rights:
– We allow users to delete their own account.
– Other platforms may allow users to delete their social accounts at any time
5. Subject Access Request: Have an internal plan to delete users when requested
6. Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data:
– User information that is collected is documented
– Current user information collected: email, name, access tokens to social accounts, and company name
– MarketBeam is a B2B application that is not intended for use among children
– Since new accounts require emails and social accounts to set up, children will not have that information to log in to the app.
9. Data Breaches:
– Technical team constantly looks for data breaches
– Plan of communication during such events is through emails to all user base
10. Data Protection by Design and Data Protection Impact Assessments: ICO’s Code of Practice
11. Data Protection Officers: Data protection is managed by Engineering headed by Iqlas Ottamalika
12. International: MarketBeam does not have establishment in more than one EU state.
GDPR can be complex and confusing, but if you ask the right questions up front, it will make this process much easier and smoother for both parties.